A major pharmaceutical company looking for compliant IT Asset Disposition services for their end-of-life equipment.
The client had strict data security requirements and was seeking an IT Asset Disposition solution that was legislatively and environmentally compliant – yet cost-effective – for their end-of-life assets. The decommission project needed to:
- Adhere to their corporate requirement that all media devices be physically destroyed before being removed from each facility
- Meet or exceed all regulatory and internal audit requirements for data privacy and security
- Ensure that all media devices were recycled using EPA-compliant methods
The Ingram Micro Lifecycle Solution
Ingram Micro leveraged a centralized tracking system and network of locations and personnel to:
- Dispatch mobile data destruction equipment and professional services staff to each client facility
- Ensure each device was tracked by serial number and destruction date and time
- Securely transport all sanitized devices to the nearest ITAD processing facility for further processing and recycling
- Provide detailed asset audit reports and certificates of destruction and recycling
All assets were demanufactured at an ITAD processing facility and the resulting materials were processed in strict compliance with e-Stewards environmental guidelines..
Why the Client Chose Our Solution
The client selected Ingram Micro based on the footprint, onsite capability, tracking and reporting systems, and a proven track record of delivering a safe, cost-effective, compliant, and comprehensive IT asset disposition program.
Key Solution Benefits
- 85% cost saving compared to their previous asset disposition program
- Onsite destruction of hard drives prior to transport for all client locations
- Detailed Chain-of-Custody reporting to meet company audit requirements
- Over 40,000 assets processed yearly while reducing workload for the client’s IT staff