A large regional healthcare organization.
The client required both an IT Asset Disposition and Lifecycle Support Services partner who could complete a fast-track, enterprise-wide IT equipment refresh. The client needed a partner who could:
- Deploy new, imaged systems and remove old systems without interruption of service in critical care units
- Ensure all retired assets were securely disposed in compliance with NIST and HIPAA/HITECH data security standards
- Remarket assets whenever possible to maximize return on investment
The Ingram Micro Lifecycle Solution
Ingram Micro delivered a comprehensive, one-stop solution tailored to the client’s requirements. Each incoming asset was:
- Delivered directly to the appropriate Ingram Micro ITAD processing facility by the client’s chosen OEM provider
- Unboxed, audited, and securely stored in the warehouse prior to delivery
- Loaded with a client-provided image appropriate to its end destination at the time the client requisitioned it from stock
- Available for just-in-time delivery scheduling via a convenient web portal
As new assets were delivered, the retired assets removed from service were securely transported to the nearest ITAD processing facility and sanitized in accordance with all security requirements, and then:
- Assets with remarketing value were refurbished and routed through the most effective channel to ensure the best possible return
- Demanufactured and recycled remaining assets in compliance with e-Stewards standards.
Why the Client Chose Our Solution
The client chose Ingram Micro based on extensive experience providing responsive asset deployment programs; compliant chain-of-custody and data security processes; and robust remarketing program.
Key Solution Benefits
- Enterprise-wide refresh completed in under 3 months
- 20,000+ assets replaced across the client’s 12 locations
- Zero disruption to client employees during transition
- Client was able to realize $1 million in net asset recovery value