A global technology consulting and outsourcing company.
With tens of thousands of employees around the globe – many working remotely – continuous productivity depends on employees having a fully functional laptop. The client’s previous repair partner for North America had rigid, non-collaborative processes; limited contact hours; and unpredictable program costs, driving the client to run parallel, in-house back-up operations. The client needed a robust, costeffective, and transparent single-source solution.
The Ingram Micro Lifecycle Solution
Ingram Micro established a dedicated Depot Repair operation at our Chandler, AZ facility and within months the client declared the program a success, leading them to discontinue their previous supplier and backup facility. With an active program management and attention to detail, replacement units reach users within 48 hours. Emergency requests placed prior to the daily cut-off time arrive next-day. The solution includes:
- Running extended depot service hours to broadly cover all time zones
- Maintaining a ready stock of replacement and repair returned units for reuse
- Sanitizing all assets in accordance with corporate security requirements
- Loading a new software image and restoring archived files prior to shipping
- Working with the client’s global IT teams to ensure imaging issues don’t delay on-time replacements
- Providing a predictable blended cost model
This highly successful program continues to support users in the U.S. and Canada. As a result, the client has implemented additional Ingram Micro programs including asset refresh and end-of-service disposition.
Why the Client Chose Our Solution
With Ingram Micro’s strong industry reputation and global footprint, the necessary infrastructure to ensure program success was in place. The advanced BlueIQ asset intelligence system; real-time tracking and reporting capabilities; and custom blended cost model made it simple for the client to keep tabs on equipment, costs, and program goals at all times.
Key Solution Benefits
- Reduced costs by over 25% while achieving superior program results
- The predictable blended cost model allowed client to budget appropriately
- Yearly program throughput of over 1,000 units a month
- Standard 48-hour turnaround time plus next-day emergency service